Sign in to follow this  
Excalibur

E3 2019 Discussion

Excalibur

It's that time of year again. E3 2019 is here,  Let's discuss any game or hardware announcements you'd like to see happen or any predictions you may have on what will be shown and announced. And after the announcements are made, let us know, your favorite announcements and what you thought about the conferences.

Links to the major press conferences and events and / or embeds of the video streams will be posted in this topic when they become available.

For those interested in specific press conferences, Below are the start times for all of the major press conferences and events.

All times listed below are Central Daylight Time (CDT).

• EA - Saturday, June 8th - 11 AM.
    EA Official Live Streams:YouTube  /  Twitch

• Microsoft / Xbox - Sunday, June 9th - 3 PM.
    Microsoft Official Live Streams:YouTube  /  Twitch

• Bethesda - Sunday, June 9th - 7:30 PM.
    Bethesda Official Live Streams:YouTube  /  Twitch

• Devolver Digital - Sunday, June 9th - 9 PM.
    Devolver Digital Official Live Streams:YouTube  /  Twitch

• UploadVR - Monday, June 10th - 11 AM.
    UploadVR Official Live Streams:YouTube  /  Twitch

• PC Gaming - Monday, June 10th - 12 PM.
    PC Gamer Official Live Streams:YouTube  /  Twitch

• Limited Run Games - Monday, June 10th – 2 PM.
    Limited Run Games Official Live Streams: - YouTube  /  Twitch

• Ubisoft - Monday, June 10th – 3 PM.
    Ubisoft Official Live Streams:YouTube  /  Twitch

• AMD - Monday, June 10th – 5 PM.
    AMD Official Live Streams:YouTube  /  Twitch

• Kinda Funny - Monday, June 10th – 6:30 PM.
    Kinda Funny Official Live Streams:YouTube Twitch

• Square Enix - Monday, June 10th - 8 PM.
    Square Enix Official Live Streams:YouTube  /  Twitch

• Nintendo - Tuesday, June 11th - 11 AM.
    Nintendo Official Live Streams:YouTube  /  Twitch

*Sony is neither attending E3 nor hosting an E3 event this year.

Live Streams

If you prefer to watch all the streams in one place,  the main Twitch stream is posted below, which should include most, if not all the conferences.
Alternatively, You  can check out any of the alternate streams also posted below, that will also broadcast multiple conferences.

Official Twitch Live Stream

You must be signed in to view this content.

Alternate Live Streams

Kagetora

Well, now that EA's little song and dance is done, we can get to the main course. 😛 The only thing that panned out to be worthwhile was Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. I feel like they're pulling from several games with it too. The saber combat looks and feels to be from Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy which is the perfect game to pull from since the saber fighting was super fluid.

The action look like something out of Uncharted/God of War. The force abilities looks to be close to what we had in The Force Unleashed. Also, the wall running, jumping and climbing felt like they were out of Titanfall. All in all, it looks like it'll be a good game. Finally, a good Star Wars game, took ya long enough, EA...

Excalibur

EA's event went about as expected, Star Wars looked good, I'm not a huge Star Wars fan but it does look like from what they showed, they got a lot right with it,  but definitely a wait and see type game though.

As for the rest of the event,  nothing really noteworthy, there was new content for Apex Legends, Battlefield V, and the Sims 4, and the usual FIFA and Madden games.

The main event get kicked off tomorrow and goes through Tuesday, after that for the rest of the week will mostly be game play shown and smaller announcements.

Excalibur

Something else that has been going on today, I almost forgot about is the Nintendo World Championships. In includes Super Mario Maker 2, Splatoon 2 and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Kagetora

Interesting... I'll have to watch it.

Excalibur

I didn't catch a lot of it myself, i did go back and watch some of the Super Mario Maker 2 part though.

Kagetora

Brain... Overloading... WOW!! That was more games than you can shake a buffet at. Microsoft spared no expense for this one.

From what I've seen from both, I can tell you that I'm most excited for the following:

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Outer Worlds (I think I'm going to get that for Xbox since I don't care for the Epic Store)

Forza Horizons 4 with the Lego Racer Expansion

Cyberpunk 2077 with Keanu Reeves.

Lego Star Wars (all 9 movies)

Borderlands 3 (For Xbox again because of Epic Store)

Halo Infinite and an Xbox Scarlet or Xbox 2... Whatever the name ends up being.

I'm sure there's a lot of them that I'm forgetting....

Excalibur

While it was nice to see more of CyberPunk 2077, Halo Infinite, and the reveal of the new Battletoads and the very limited reveal of the next Xbox, none of that was unexpected, i even anticipated a Holiday 2020 launch, so nothing surprising. The Lego expansion for Forza looked cool, and i may be forgetting a few other things, but I was actually overall rather underwhelmed, there was a lot of games shown but very little sticks out as a must have. Plus, no mention of the new Fable that had been rumored, what happened to all the Rare properties like Banjo, Conker, Perfect Dark, ect, and no mention of any partnership with Nintendo, and any said games, not enough specifics about the new console, i had higher hopes from Microsoft this year, with Sony not at E3 this year, but their conference was a disappointment, I don't think it was awful, just a letdown, to each their own though.

Blue Rose

A friend of mine just sent me a link to the E3 trailer from Sega for Phantasy Star Online 2, set to finally come out in the US in 2020.......

...which originally came out on Asian servers in 2012....

Most of the people I know who were interested in it already played all they wanted of it on PC by using a trick that let them play even through access from outside Asia was blocked. 

I didn't try it, hoping there'd be an official US release at some point, and eventually gave up on it. (Especially after hearing the free-to-play model was terrible - charging for almost every visual change to your character....kind of takes away from immersion if everyone's "unique" character looks like only slight variations on the base class models. -_-; )

And now, according to the trailer it will be......... for Xbox One..which I have no interest in buying... and PC, but advertising crossplay so it'll probably be for Windows 10 PCs only, of which I have none.

Soooooo...

Hopefully for me it'll someday get a Steam PC release that can be played on any version of Windows? : P

(And hopefully with the old free-to-play model fixed... seriously, I'd rather have a pay-once box price... and they'd probably get more money that way....especially out of what will be an 8 year old game at release. -_-;  )

Kagetora

So probably a Windows store only title? BLEH!! Yea, call me when it comes to steam.

• Like 1

Excalibur

After having watched the press conferences to this point, I think Nintendo got it right, with their shift to doing Direct style videos over traditional press conferences, while there is some nostalgia to those type of conferences, it has gotten to the point where they are filled with a lot of fluff, pomp and circumstance, celebrities and ect and then many games that quite frankly i have little to no interest in, it ends up being maybe a few games i actually am interested in, in long drawn out conference events, With a direct type video they can keep it fairly short by comparison, and kinda rapid fire through the games and then later on have other videos that go in detail on those games, so you don't have to sit through things you don't care about.

I think that's why i actually enjoyed the VR specific event, they had games that looked interesting, and some i didn't care about, but they didn't spend a bunch of time on other stuff or a long bit of time on each game, that way i can look into what i thought was interesting on my own. In the case with Nintendo they would have focused direct videos, so if it's for a game that interests me i can watch it and get more detailed information about said game, or if it's something i don't then i can just not watch that particular direct.

I am also finding out, more and more that some of the big name games a lot of people seem interested in, I don't really have much interest in, so maybe it's the direction gaming is going or maybe it's just me. I just know, we all have a limited amount of time to game, and no way we can play everything and be able to do anything else, so we have to pick and choose what we think will bring us the most enjoyment, in the time we have to play.

Excalibur

Kinda Funny Games just stole the show with their game showcase, It was outstanding, they had a ton of interesting indie games, so many games, i am going to have to make a list to keep up with them all.

Here is a complete list of all the games shown at the Kinda Funny Games E3 Showcase. I just need to go through them all and pick the ones I thought were interesting, but as you can see, there were a lot of games.

Kagetora

[Moved to most anticipated games]

Excalibur

Good list so far @Toketsu though i noticed you left Nintendo from your list. Anyway, I'll post a list of some of the stuff i thought was interesting from the conferences / showcases soon, but I have to post what I think was probably the best surprise of E3 for me so far.

That's the TMNT arcade cabinet from Arcade 1up, which includes both the original TMNT Arcade game and Turtles in Time. I really want to get one of these, since I was a huge TMNT fan growing up in the late 80's and early 90's and those were some radical games too, I just would need to find a place for it. They also announced an Marvel Super Heroes arcade cabinet which is cool but I'm more interested in the TMNT one.

A quick video about the TMNT and Marvel Super Heroes arcade cabinets.

A few images of the TMNT arcade cabinet

Kagetora

I did indeed leave them off, mostly because I hadn't really made it that far yet. Which there were several games shown off by Nintendo that caught my eye. Just hadn't taken the time to complete the list is all. That said, I gotta get that TMNT cabinet some day... Time to start saving my money. 😛 

Excalibur

Probably not all of these are must buy games, but here is the list of games from the E3 conferences / showcases I thought were most interesting or intriguing, With so many games, it's quite possible i have overlooked some too.

The List

Excalibur

Apparently it's coming to PC, PS4, Switch, Xbox One, and iOS according to IGN, no word on whether it will be on Steam or not, but if you have any of the other consoles, it looks like it's coming to those too.

• Like 1

Blue Rose

Ooh - from the looks of that list, that definitely seems much more hopeful that it'll be playable on any version of Windows, not just 10 since they list 10 with Xbox and other versions separately as PC and both are marked for PSO2.

If not, I could get the PS4 version.  PC would still be better though since my husband and I could play it together. (And his aforementioned 'friends who already played it' since it turned out it was good enough that they want to play it again *AND* they said Sega *IS* fixing the old, broken free-to-play model they had.

...Yay hope!  ........I wonder if I can get in touch with my old PSU buddies.  We had some good times back in the day. : )

• Like 1

Excalibur

Better start saving indeed, I'm hearing it will cost $350, and that probably doesn't include the riser, If the riser costs the same as the risers for the other models, that's another $40 - $50, So it's looking like it might be well over $400 after tax. Bummer.

Kagetora

Well... I do have a pretty good dining chair that sits in my room and usually just holds folded clothes and other things until I get around to putting them away so I don't really need the riser even tho it'd be cool to have both. Hmm... adding it all together comes out to be about $428.96 So just need to save up around $430 bucks or so. Which shouldn't be an issue if I wait and use the money I usually get for cleaning up the house each week during Tax Season.

Since I got my PC fixed this year, next year can be devoted towards that and saving up for either Halo Infinite for Xbox One or the new Scarlet and Halo Infinite on the new Xbox 2 whatever it gets named. That and a 4K TV.