Sign in to follow this  
Excalibur

Ultra Retron Sneak Peek

Excalibur

Looks like Nintendo 64 clone consoles will soon be a thing, clone console manufacturer Hyperkin showed a sneak peek of their new Ultra Retron console, which can play original Nintendo 64 carts, accepts up to four original Nintendo 64 controllers, it also outputs via HDMI.

I've been waiting a while for either an N64 classic or a clone N64 that has HDMI outputs, so this sounds like really good news to me.

Below is the sneak peek video, Hyperkin says it plans to show off the console at E3 next week.

You must be signed in to view this content.

• Like 1

Kagetora

Aye, that is really cool. Rich talked about it too: 

Excalibur

Regardless, I'm happy to see it's coming and I look forward to hearing more about it, I owned a Retron 5 and thought it was fine for what it is, other than the included controller, which was pretty bad, clearly this isn't a first party product but hopefully it will be good enough, because I've wanted a way to play my N64 games via HDMI without having to use my PC and go download roms, i have a good bit of N64 carts and might go out and get a few more if this turns out to be good.

Kagetora

True, true. I'm glad to see them at least attempting an N64 clone.