Sign in to follow this  
Excalibur

Rocky

Excalibur

What is your favorite Rocky movie? How would you rank them and why?

I'll preface this response by saying , I have not had a chance to see Creed II yet. With that said, to me, I'd say Rocky IV is probably my favorite but all 5 of the original movies are nostalgic for different reasons, even Rocky V while most consider it bad, it's almost so bad it's good and I'd probably rank it ahead of Balboa and maybe Creed, simply for the entertainment value. So as far as ranking them  for many of the movies, I could almost put them in any order, but here is how I'd list them right now...

1. Rocky IV
  2. Rocky II
  3. Rocky III
  4. Rocky
  5. Rocky V
  6. Creed
  7. Rocky Balboa

Also the soundtrack from Rocky IV is the best in the series, while Eye of the Tiger from Rocky III is rad and the Rocky theme from the originals is iconic, the overall soundtrack of Rocky IV is one of the things I always remember and is in part why it's my favorite in the series.

Kagetora

Hmm... I'd say 4 is my favorite with the traing montage there in Russia as well as the fight between Rocky and Ivan Drago.

So:

1. Rocky IV

2. Rocky

3. Rocky III and Rocky II (Not sure which to pick 😛 )

4. Rocky V

5. Rocky Balboa.

Can't really speak on the 2 Creed movies since I haven't seen either of them.

Excalibur
You must be signed in to view this content.

As I mentioned, Rocky IV's soundtrack is overall the best in the series, so i have to some of it here,  just take a listen to these...

Palecat
Posted (edited)

The only two I watch whenever I see them are Rocky IV and Rocky V.

Rocky is a great film. Rocky II was a bit too much of a retread, and Rocky losing was the best part of the first film as a great subversion of expectations so I didn’t need the do-over. Rocky III was silly, but Rocky’s growth into some magically articulate role model wasn’t very realistic and I kind of hate it.

Rocky IV is borderline over the top nonsense but has a lot of heart, a great soundtrack, and is kind of a perfect snapshot of late ‘80s Americana.

Rocky V is just stupid. And I love every stupid second of it. C’mon, punk. Touch me and I’ll sue.

I don’t recall Balboa, and I haven’t seen either Creed.

Edited by Palecat

Excalibur

I too have a soft spot for Rocky V.

• Like 1