Sign in to follow this  
Kagetora

Currently Playing

Kagetora

This topic is about the games we play but specifically, What games are you playing right now? What games have you played recently? Do you recommend them? What are you planning on playing? - All of it is relevant in this topic. We all play games... but what games?

You are encouraged to post as often as you like and as often as you play games.

Kagetora

For me, I've been playing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain quite a bit lately.

Excalibur

Sadly, I haven't been able to spend any quality time with any game here recently, but when i get the chance i have been playing, mostly in quick spurts, MLB 19 The Show, Grand Theft Auto V on PC among a few others, occasionally I've played a few VR games  but I haven't had the the time to set it all back up, but I had been playing Beat Saber and Astro Bot on PSVR.

Probably the last games I spent any real amount of time, Is I completed the main story modes for Resident Evil 2 remake and back before that I 100% ed Far Cry 5's campaign.

Excalibur

Just got both the Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy and the Spyro Reignited Trilogy for PS4, So I've been playing those a bit.

Excalibur

Received my copy of Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled today, so I'll be playing that, along with My Friend Pedro on Switch, which i picked up from the eShop the other day.

Blue Rose

Just finished our Friday night run with a guildmate from the SALT guild (a good-sized Christian guild) in Guild Wars 2.  ..One of the few MMOs I actually enjoy and don't get quickly bored with... Probably because there's as much focus on exploration/platforming/etc. as there is on the combat, and even the combat is pretty active once you get a bit into the skill trees.  As my husband said, "It's not really a MMORPG, it's actually more of a deep, third-person, fantasy-themed action/shooter" - or something like that.

Plus it's nice that the pay system is actually fair...really more-than-fair.  The base game/story up to the level cap (80) is free on two characters, and then there's a reasonable box price for the expansions ($50 or $60 for the pair of them at the moment? ...I think I was up to level 40 or so when my husband bought the expansions for me for my birthday, and I was still having fun before that...I was just really excited that the first mount unlock was a velociraptor. ; p ) that opens up the new areas, masteries (skills you acquire after hitting 80), specializations (different paths for the base classes), mounts (which each have a unique gimmick to them to help with platforming, etc.)/gliding (yes, hang-gliding), and three more character slots.  There's no monthly fees at all, and the gem store is mostly cosmetic items (though there's plenty in the main game and you can dye your clothes/armor as often as you like once you unlock a color) and boosters - nothing you really need to play the base game or expansions at all.

So, if anyone here is ever in the mood to try it out, let me know so maybe I can meet with you in game sometime. : )

(...provided we can find a time that isn't when I'm heading to bed early for work. ; p )

Blue Rose

Oh, also, on some breaks when the PS4's available, I've been playing Jane vs. the Robot Dinosaurs Horizon: Zero Dawn...and it's amazing and, though I'm admittedly not too far into the story yet (very much taking my time with it), I'd highly recommend it.

...Yes, any game where I can play a skilled-archer warrior chick riding the back of a dinosaur pretty much has me sold. ; p

• Like 1

Palecat

After many false starts on Wii U, I’m finally playing Breath of the Wild on Switch. Sequel announcement kind of necessitated I get to it after all this time. Just got off the plateau, and I like it so far. I hadn’t died in a Zelda game since Oracle of Seasons, and I can’t go fifteen minutes without a game over.

Spelunky almost every night when I have a chance or my son reminds me, “kaboom!” as he calls it.

Smash Ultimate somewhat regularly. Haven’t bought the Joker DLC because I couldn’t care less, but will get the pass once the Dragon Quest hero is out. Beyond excited for Banjo-Kazooie.

Started Pokémon Let’s Go Evee a month ago but haven’t been back in a bit. I felt it was time to jump into a Pokémon game again, having not played in earnest since Gold/Silver/Crystal, after the Sword/Shield initial announcement got me excited. But the pre-E3 Pokémon direct kind of killed my interest again, so I’ll probably sit sword/shield out, but I’d like to get back into Eevee!

• Like 2

Excalibur

Been playing Super Mario Maker 2.

Palecat

Son threw toy through television, so back to 32” 720p for a few weeks and I forgot how horrible playing most modern games is. Was playing Fallout 76 on PS4, but can’t see it anymore lol.

Just Untitled Goose Game on Switch at the moment.

Edited by Palecat

Excalibur
You must be signed in to view this content.

Sucks about your TV,  but Untitled Goose Game actually looks pretty fun, i didn't know much about it, but I seen some videos showing gameplay, so i may end up picking it up.

Palecat
You must be signed in to view this content.

Really liking it so far. It’s just a cute stealth game where it’s as fun to mess up as it is to succeed. The secret journal missions are pretty hard to discover for me though, I’m probably halfway through and only unlocked a few out of dozens, so it will be fun to revisit and discover more.

The developer’s first game was a local multiplayer title that we had a lot of fun with too: Push Me, Pull You. Good times, they’re on a roll.

• Like 1