Sign in to follow this  
Kagetora

I saw one in the wilds...

Kagetora

It was just the display model and it wasn't yet turned on but the 1up TMNT cabinet was set up at Walmart. Just got back from there and wanted to share that I saw at least one on display/demo but it wasn't ready for Demo yet. Had the special edition booster as well so I suspect they bundle the 2 together and charge more as a result.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Arcade-Machine-w-Riser-Arcade1UP/875700648 - Confirmed! It does come with the custom Riser stand. Sadly, they charge an extra $100 instead of an extra $50 so expect to pay around $440 if you get it from Walmart.

• Like 3

Excalibur
You must be signed in to view this content.

Interesting, I too seen that exact same one you mentioned, earlier today. They had it put together but it was not playable at the time. I didn't see any others besides the display model though. Good to see it comes with the riser though. If i have the space for it, I still wouldn't mind getting my hands on one.

• Like 1

Kagetora

Same.

Excalibur

So I went back to Walmart today, and they had it setup and running this time, I actually got to play it a few minutes.TMNT: The Arcade game was the game I played and it is still just as good as ever. But, I will say the joystiick didn't feel as tight as It should, not sure if that is Walmart's fault in assembly or if its just that way normally, on top of that the 4th Player (Raphael) 's Joystick seemed broken, it wouldn't work properly, the character wouldn't move to the left. So, again I don't know if it's Walmart's fault or if since it's in the store and accessible to customers, it might have been abused by someone, It  could just be cheaply made too. But I'd imagine if you had an issue and had to, you could replace the joystick with a better one,

• Like 1

Palecat

Sounds like the kind of thing where you wish they’d just sell the board so we could build our own cabinet.

Cool that they’re making a four-player TMNT duo though!

• Like 1

Excalibur

Yeah, that would be a nice option, with the know-how and time, i suspect for around the same cost (or possibly less) you probably could build something and it be higher quality. Anyhow, I'll have to look into, how difficult it would be to replace joysticks and such, and if its common that they they break easy or if it was abused or something like that.